Are you an adult considering orthodontia to straighten your teeth but are concerned about your appearance while undergoing treatment? At Atlanta Smile Studio in the Lovejoy, GA 30250 zip code area, we customize a personal plan of teeth-straightening care that best fits your orthodontic treatment goals and your cosmetic concerns, whether that be braces or Invisalign for adults. Advancements in orthodontic care technology such as Invisalign or other types of clear braces may be the right course of treatment for you.
Is Invisalign for Adults Right for You?
But, which form of treatment is more effective? The answer is subjective, as is the needs and tastes of every patient at Atlanta Smile Studio. Here are some differences between the treatment plans of traditional braces and Invisalign for adults that you should know about:
- Traditional braces are not removable by the patient. This type of teeth-straightening braces consist of brackets and wires that are fixed onto your teeth and worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Because they are not removable, patients using this treatment plan must take the proper precautions, such as avoiding certain foods or playing rough in contact sports).
- Invisalign for adults is removable and essentially invisible to the human eye. Invisalign is a clear plastic tray that fits over your teeth. They may be taken out during the day for eating, brushing your teeth, and flossing. A removable appliance, however, requires extra care to ensure that they stay clean and hygienic. Invisalign is easy to remove and to keep clean.
- Traditional braces are made of metal brackets and wires. They provide stability and are effective at straightening teeth. However, the sides or “wings” of the brackets might cause sores and pain during mouth movements.
- Invisalign is made of a strong, medical-grade, thermoplastic material. The Invisalign trays are fitted snugly around your teeth. They are clear and removable, so they are not very noticeable. They cause less discomfort than metal braces but might not be as effective as traditional braces in treating vertical adjustments.
- Traditional braces can sometimes be less costly than Invisalign. It is difficult to state definitively whether traditional braces or Invisalign costs more than the other. The price of both treatments depends on the individual patient’s needs. The amount of work needed, the length of the treatment, your insurance coverage, and the course of treatment worked out with Smile Studio Orthodontics all factor into the price of your treatment.
- Traditional braces are cheaper, easy to clean, and more effective in raising or lowering misaligned teeth.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable, lighter, and more convenient to wear during day-to-day activities.
Trust Atlanta Smile Studio in the Lovejoy, GA 30250 area to help you choose the right course of treatment for your individual needs and lifestyle, whether that is Invisalign or adult braces. They can help you make the best decisions for you and your smile and will help you in choosing the right orthodontic treatment for you. Contact Atlanta Smile Studio today at: 770-892-3833
Dr. Leroy Venn and the team at Atlanta Smile Studio are experts in Invisalign for adults. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Lovejoy, GA, Jonesboro, GA, Stockbridge, GA, Riverdale, GA, or the 30250 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Leroy Venn contact Atlanta Smile Studio at: 770-892-3833